Thursday, July 11, 2013

The ABCs of Me

Last week Loop Looks tagged me in her ABCs post.  I could use something a little lighter than yesterday's post, so here you go, all the information you've been dying to know about me.

A. Attached or Single? Attached. Bob and I are celebrating 6 years together at the end of this month! You can tell just by looking at us that we're still super into each other.

Photo from Melanie
B. Best Friend? I swore I wouldn't be one of those women who says that their significant other is their best friend but.... gosh, no one else gets me quite like Bob does.  We can never break up because no one else would ever understand all of our stupid inside jokes and references.

{source}
But as for a non-spousal best friend, I don't really have a best friend per se, but I've been fortunate to make a lot of really good friends over the years.

At Round Barn Winery in Michigan
Robotic Hiking in Colorado
With my two oldest friends, the gal on the left is my cousin, and on the right is my high school friend/former roommate
With our boyfriend Henry Cavill
(PS - Kim, have I already sent this to you?  Kidding, since I've sent it like 5 times)
C. Cake or pie? If I'm baking, I love making cakes because they're so fun to decorate.  But as far as eating, I love a good lemon meringue pie.  My mom used to make me one for my birthday every year when I was younger, so it's always been my favorite dessert.

D. Day of choice? Sunday.  It's usually my day to sleep in, and we either have dinner with Bob's family on Sundays, or I cook up some huge Sunday dinner, so it's always a nice day.

E. Essential Item? Lip gloss and gum.  I never leave home without either.

F. Favorite color? Blue, with green being a very close second

G. Gummy bears or worms? Gummy worms are more fun to eat.

H. Home town? Toledo, Ohio, just 4 hours east of Chicago.

This is in San Francisco, but whatever, close enough
I. Favorite Indulgence? Sure, wine, beer and sweets are all nice, but my favorite thing ever that I shouldn't have too often is a steak burrito salad from Chipotle.

J. January or July?As far as running goes, I'd say January, because I'm not asking for a heat stroke every time I hit the pavement.  But for everything else, definitely July!  I love everything about summer - BBQs, beach time, festivals, extra long walks with the pups, and wearing skirts, shorts and sandals.

Seeing Wilco and Andrew Bird last July
K. Kids? My friends' kids are super cute and tons of fun, but as for having my own?  It feels like I should have this figured out at 32 but..... we'll see.

L. Life isn’t complete without? These two:


And speaking of the dogs, today is the 2nd anniversary of Meko coming to live with us!

M. Marriage date? November 10, 2012



N. Number of brothers/sisters? I have one brother, Matt, and he's 5 years older than me. What I still can't believe is that it's now been 12 years that we've lived at least a 2 hour plane ride from each other.  He actually looked into jobs in Chicago several years ago, but it didn't work out.  But on the plus side, at least I have a cool place to visit.

Here we are floating above the Chicago skyline, maybe in 2005 or 2006

O. Oranges or Apples? Apples. Granny Smith are my favorite - I love their slight tartness, and how crisp they are compared to other types of apples.

P. Phobias? I'm somewhat afraid of flying.  Not so much that I can't do it, but it still makes me nervous.

Q. Quotes? My all-time favorite is "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans," by John Lennon.

R. Reasons to smile? Because it takes less effort than a frown?

S. Season of choice? Definitely fall!  I love how pretty everything gets once the leaves start changing colors, and the weather is just perfect then - not too hot, not too cold.

The North Shore Channel Trail on a fall bike ride

T. Tag 5 People
Live Half Full
Out and About
Stop Running Dad! (I hear you need rest day post topics?)
smAshlicakes

U. Unknown fact about me? How can there possibly be something I haven't shared about myself? Hmmm.  I did ballet for 5 years when I was younger.  Yet I'm still fairly uncoordinated.

V. Vegetable? My favorite is probably black beans.  Seriously, I could eat them every day.  And often do.

W. Worst habit? Picking at my cuticles non-stop.  Seriously, I'm doing it as I type this.  I should quit that, because they look horrible pretty much all the time.

X. X-ray or Ultrasound? Does anyone else think this is a weird question?  I've had tons of x-rays over the years, mostly related to having scoliosis and subsequent spinal surgery when I was a teen, and I know I've had an ultrasound at some point.  Am I supposed to pick a favorite?  My x-rays have hardware in them, like titanium rods and screws, so that's pretty cool. Um. At least I think it's cool.

Y. Your favorite food? Anything that could be categorized as Mexican, Tex-Mex, Southwest, etc.  I love those flavors so much, and usually make something along those lines at least once a week.

Z. Zodiac sign? I'm on the cusp of Taurus and Gemini, and, although I don't really read my horoscopes on a regular basis, I definitely have characteristics of both signs.

Feel like answering any of these in the comments below?

22 comments:

  1. I totally love that first photo of you two:) And I LOVE that Lennon quote. I used to have it hanging in my locker in high school!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I had that written on all of my book covers in high school! Along with hundreds of other song lyrics :)

      Delete
  2. YIKES! Someone mentioned me?!! Honored or scared.. I'll see what I can do lol I gotta leave something for people to ask in person!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, I'm throwing you a bone for next week's rest day :)

      Delete
  3. Yes! I think X is a weird question! And I know someone that can relate to you on W... I am sure they will comment on it ;)

    V! Come on. That is a legume! Answer again!!!!!

    Of course, no comment on M ;)

    Happy anni to Meko!

    I am so excited I made it to B! But why haven't you sent me that pic yet?!

    The cake/pie question reminded me that Steven keeps asking for that pudding cookie recipe. Did you already send it to me? :)

    This was fun to read! Hmm... I think you know most of my stats! I could write a whole post on W. Ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like I've seen someone else mention W, but now I can't remember who! I NEED TO STOP.

      Fine, if pressed to pick a non-legume, I'd say onions. Because I put them in everything.

      Hahaha, did I send you the pic yet? And actually, that was to point out that I'm friends with a cardboard cutout of Henry Cavill. I'm sorry if you misunderstood that.

      I think I had sent what I thought you should replace the pudding with in any standard chocolate chip cookie recipe... let me dig through my email! To think, he could have made those cookies and sent some with you on Monday. You know, so I could make sure they turned out okay.

      Delete
    2. Onions? ANNE. COME ON. ONIONS?!!! You are killing me!!!

      You know, when I was leaving my comment, I thought, geesh, I hope I am not mis-interpreting this... Damn. I did.

      We should get together to make the cookies! That could be our next date! Although... might you stay the night for that MKE 5K? Ha ha! YOUR TURN!!!!

      Delete
    3. What's wrong with onions? They're great to snack on! HAHAHA. Nah, I'd say sweet corn. And asparagus. And brussel sprouts.

      Cookie date sounds fun! But it's totes YOUR TURN! You'll have a backlog of turns, I guess. I'm still thinking about MKE, it does sound fun!

      Delete
    4. That list is better. ;)

      Alright, cookie date it is!!! But... my kitchen is bigger...? But yours has fun dogs in it.

      Delete
    5. I think the more important thing is that your kitchen is air-conditioned :) I'd offer to bring the dogs up, but Data probably wouldn't appreciate that.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for tag! Look for this next week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am laughing at my desk at work reading your comment exchanges with Kim.

    In fact, I may be the other cuticle gnawer/picker. Way to call me out, Kim. Wait, I think I just called myself out. It's bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, we were just saying this morning that just posting our ridiculous emails would be decent blog posts. This confirms that.

      But... am I wrong that raw onions are a good snack food?

      Delete
    2. Yes, you are wrong.

      Delete
  6. Ahhhh, I love your A picture.....hilarious!

    And I see my tag there...I will have to think about this. It was fun reading all about you! Now I can stalk you better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get on it! This is important info. I need to know how you feel about X-rays in order to be a better friend.

      Delete
  7. What would a better X question be? Maybe "Professor X or Wolverine?" :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! That's a much better question! Or "Xylophone or Marimba?"

      Delete
    2. Good one! Also X-men or Avengers, X-Rated or R-Rated, XL Fries or XL Soda? Okay, I'm out of ideas before I have to google the letter X!

      Delete
    3. Xenon or any other gas? Xavier or the University of Cincinnati? Yeah, we're reaching :)

      Delete
    4. Yeah, but all of ours are still better than the X-ray question. Maybe the person writing the questions got lazy near the end! :)

      Delete
  8. Three cheers for Tex-Mex!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Why don't you comment and say hi while you're here?