Thursday, December 26, 2013

How to Make Me Cry on Christmas

Completely unbeknownst to me, Erin nominated me in Swirlgear's 2013 Holiday SwirlBack, a contest to share stories of inspirational women runners.  I saw Swirlgear post the contest on their Facebook page, but since it was the week before Christmas, when things were crazy busy here, I completely forgot about it. I had no idea she had even entered me until I was announced as one of the winners on Christmas morning!

Note: Especially cool that this picture is from a race that I ran with Erin!

I'll receive all kinds of cool prizes from Swirlgear, which is really exciting and all, but to read what Erin wrote about me, and to think that anything I'm doing is inspiring to anyone is just.... wow.  I had to excuse myself from coffee with Bob's family as I read this, because it got me all choked up.  When I started down this road to a healthier life 2 years ago, I wasn't doing it for any other reason than to buck a lot of scary genetic predispositions and to feel better.  I never could have imagined any of the amazing things that happened as a result of getting healthy.  Through this journey, this blog, and eventually running, I've met a lot of really cool people, many of whom I'm thrilled to count as friends.  I've had all kinds of fun experiences, and have been able to do things like running a half-marathon or raising significant funds for lung cancer, in part, because of this supportive and encouraging community that I've become a part of.

So as this year winds down, I'd like to say a huge thank you to all of you!  To friends, new and old, who are always inspiring and supporting me, and to everyone who reads this blog (I mean, sometimes I seriously wonder why anyone does) and those who take the time to leave words of encouragement, I so appreciate it.

27 comments:

  1. LOVE!!! You are a huge inspiration to me as well with your never give up attitude (as well as your crazy variety of workouts which I envy) keep on keeping on lady. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks, that's really cool to hear :) Hope we can get together soon!

      Delete
  2. That is just so sweet - I love that you were nominated, and won - very, very deserving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot believe that you look so cute and happy while running! Love your blog and following your adventures! Totes adorbs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I always try to smile when I see the cameras at least ;)

      Delete
  4. Aww! That was so sweet that Erin nominated you and how cool that you won! I can't wait to see all the gear you get! What a wonderful surprise!

    I have often thought about how inspiring you are, and brag on you to other people I know :) (I have a tendency to do that with my friends, lol). You had such a great year and I am so happy I got to do some of those things with you! Can't wait to follow your 2014 journey! And yeah, that is why we read the blog - you are inspiring, interesting, and real. And above all, genuine. Don't always find that on the internets ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm stoked that the prize includes a new pair of shoes - I did just get a pair for Christmas, but now I'll be TOADS set for the next round of half training! :)

      Aw, that's sweet of you to brag. :) And I really appreciate you and your blog for being interesting, inspiring and real too!

      Delete
  5. Holy cow! What a sweet and thoughtful gesture! I absolutely love this, and it is well-deserved! Congrats! :) I am so glad to have met you and hope we can start running together soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meghan, you too! We'll have to get a run on the calendar now that you're getting back to it :)

      Delete
  6. Congrats! And everything she said is true!!!! Merry Christmas! And I can't wait to see what 2014 has in store for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lauren! Merry Christmas to you too! :)

      Delete
  7. I really love this- and it's so true! You always inspire me and keep my grounded with your advice and outlook. You rock, Anne!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Katie! You always inspire me to stay positive, even though it's not always easy.

      Delete
  8. Congrats and of course you are a total inspiration! Much love!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are the best, Anne. You deserve all of this and so much more!

    (Even though you went to UT :) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When will we ever get over our intense MAC rivalry? ;)

      Delete
  10. Thank YOU for being you!!!!!!!! And for being the wurst.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't be the Wurst if not for the rest of the WRCE. Thanks for co-founding that sweet club.

      Delete
  11. Congratulations, Anne! If anyone is deserving of this nomination and this win, it's you. You really are an inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations!! I definitely need to hang out with you more often. :-) I love everything that was written about you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Zenaida! I'm sure we'll bump into each other at another meet-up next year :)

      Delete
  13. I'm so happy you won! You definitely deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You deserve the kudos and the admiration! You inspire me too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Why don't you comment and say hi while you're here?